instagram

November 19, 2015

My Magic Place


https://youtu.be/Bnv-EhgLlYA.  Sorry for the abrupt ending. I said quick and dirty.

We all have them, don't we? The place we go to when we need to be calm and reflective or to have our inner creativity nuzzled awake; you know the place. This is a Magic Place for me. It is a special garden at the Village Green Resort in Cottage Grove, Oregon. (A blog here.) A walk in this immense garden...even in October when blooming season is over...reveals surprises around every corner. Mailboxes greet you at every themed garden, beckoning you to open it up and read about the garden and its plants. Little things sit in the trees and under the benches. A grassy labyrinth leads you to my favorite thing in the garden, a statue of a young woman in peaceful repose. I put on my playlist for meditating and wander through. Each time I find something I did not see before.

The architect of this garden is Cyndee Eichengreen.  Yes, green.

I put together a quick and dirty Magisto video with some favorite scenes, but one day soon I will gather my photos and make something special. I encourage you to visit it sometime. Cottage Grove is the "Covered Bridge Capital of the West" and also close to wineries. It appears to me that you don't need to stay at the resort to see the garden....we have stayed at the resort (term used quite loosely!) and enjoyed our stay, but from the very mixed reviews, it all depends on the building and wing you are in (and a little about your need for perfection?)  Our room was updated, cute, extra chair for reading, all the amenities AND with a patio and seating, comfy beds, updated bath. I noticed that one unhappy  reviewer even dissed the garden as unmaintained, but it was February and, well...show me the  northwest February garden that doesn't look winter weary.

For me, it's a magic place.


http://blog.oregonlive.com/kympokorny/2011/01/revisting_the_gardens_of_the_v.html

http://moonstonegardens.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-03-01T10:29:00-08:00&max-results=7




Share:

No comments

© DIANE MOLINE | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig